Dreaming is reading with eyes open
"It was books that made me feel that perhaps I wasn't completely alone."
-Will, Clockwork Prince
"If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you"
- Dimitri, Vampire Academy
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I found these awesome books that are going to be a great read when the book comes out! Can't wait! :D
Summer is the best part of the year in Winston, California, and the Fourth of July is the highlight of the season. But the perfect town Clare remembers has changed, and everyone is praying that this summer will be different from the last two—that this year's Fourth of July festival won't see one of their own vanish without a trace, leaving no leads and no suspects. The media are in a frenzy predicting a third disappearance, but the town depends on tourist dollars, so the residents of Winston are trying desperately to pretend nothing's wrong.
Aren't those books great?!
by Random House
You can't choose your family ...living or dead.
Trapped between two very different worlds, newly made vampire Moth is struggling to find her place in either. Not only does she have to answer to her strict Irish-Catholic Dad, but her over-protective maker, Theo, is intent on making her the star attraction in his powerful Boston vampire clan. Moth will have to pull off the double-act of the century to please both of them...
Adding to her problems is the dangerously attractive Jason Murdoch, a trainee vampire hunter who loves to play cat and mouse in his spare time (Jace = cat; Moth = mouse). But when the teenagers of Boston's wealthiest families start to disappear, it forces Moth and Jace into an uneasy truce. Will they be able to solve the mystery behind the disappearances - before someone winds up undead?
|September 11th, 2012|
by Random House's Children Books
And they're not the only ones hiding something.
Clare, a seamstress who redesigns vintage clothing, has been blessed—or perhaps cursed—with a gift: she can see people's pasts when she touches their clothes. When she stumbles across a denim jacket that once belonged to Amanda Stavros, last year's Fourth of July victim, Clare sees her perfect town begin to come apart at the seams.
In a town where appearance means everything, how deep beneath the surface will Clare dig to uncover a murderer?
Aren't those books great?!
Monday, March 26, 2012
We're so thrilled you guys are supporting us! We thank each and everyone of you who has liked our Facebook Page or followed our blog! The end of March is coming very quickly, so we though that making this post would help you get in all the things you can before the end of March comes! :D
1. Vote for your Favorite Book Cover!
-- You only have 5 MORE DAYS TO VOTE! And there's only 11 votes :'( Can we make the poll numbers higher?! I think we can ;) Click here to vote NOW!
2. Bookieholics's 200 Likes on Facebook Giveaway!
-- Our very FIRST Bookieholics Giveaway is going on right now as we speak ... or blog! There's only 62 entries right now :'( C'mon guys .... we can do BETTER THAN THAT! Make sure you spread the word to EVERYONE you know! There's really cool things we're giving away! This giveaway ends on April 6th, and we'll announce our winner(s) on April 7th!
To enter in this giveaway, Click here and win awesome things!!
Again, thank you guys again! Each and every one of you! Both of us here, Rhianna and Selena, are very busy! We really hope you guys keep supporting us in the future!
This was really a great movie, honestly. I really liked it ... A LOT! Though I couldn't give it five stars. As always, I think the books are better than movies, but some people don't, and that's fine! First of all, I want to point out the parts I cried at.
Parts Selena Cried At:
1. When the "Lions Gate" logo came on.
-Okay, honestly? I was really excited! I couldn't believe I was actually sitting in a theater, watching the movie ... So I cried. ;)
2.When Prim screamed at the beginning at the movie, and Katniss and Prim started singing.
-I thought this was SO CUTE! Such a cute bond. And I also cried because it was still the beginning of the movie ;)
3. When Katniss Volunteered at the reaping.
-Okay, to be honest, I saw this on the previews SO MANY TIMES that I thought I wasn't going to cry. But then, when the scene happened, I just balled my eyes out. I don't know why! It was just so sad and brave of Katniss to take Prim's place (:
4. When Katniss was saying goodbye to her mother, and told her not to cry.
-Katniss expects me NOT to cry when she says NOT to cry? Crazy girl ....
5. When Peeta was crying in the car with Effie and Katniss.
-AHH! Peeta crying? HOT! That's why I was crying ;)
THENNN after that, my aunt told me to shut up or I was going to get kicked out. First of all, I thought she was joking. THEN I looked over at the doorway and saw a man standing there. That's when I finally stopped crying(: But then I cried again when Rue died. SAD! But if I had to choose, the Reaping was probably when I cried the most.
Now here are the things that bothered me .... a lot:
1. The mocking jay pin - First of all, THEY CUT OUT MADGE! Madge was the WHOLE reason WHY the pin is SO important in the other books. That just made me mad.
2. Katniss didn't get dehydrated in the arena. That made me mad because in the movie, she looked like she didn't even SUFFER! In the book, Katniss had a hard time, and I wanted that to show in the move.
3. Katniss didn't yell Peeta's name when the announced that people from the same district can win if they're both alive. I mean, really? That was kinda the whole part of showing how she faked everything ....
4. Katniss and Rue HARDLY talked! They were suppose to talk about their Districts, and how District 11 is worst than 12! Grrr ....
5. The Cornucopia. Don't even get me started on what was all wrong with it. It looked like .... Nothing!
6. THEY DIDN'T EAT THE BERRYS! They were suppose to at the end, and then spit it out! But NOOO! The didn't even get to number 3.
7. The dogs? God Dammit. THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO HAVE THE COLOR OF THE EYES OF ALL OF THE TRIBUTES! They didn't even look ANYTHING like I pictured them.
8. Peeta didn't take his shirt off. Disappointment ...
9. The cave scene? Could have extended MUCH longer. And the syrupy? They didn't even show that! THAT part I was looking forward to!
10. When Clove died? No .... NO NO NO NO NOOOOO! It wasn't suppose to be like that!! She should've died worst. Even though I'm Team Clove all the way, I still thought how she died should've been more.
Things I actually enjoyed in the movie:
1. When Haymitch sent Katniss the note; "You call that a kiss?" HAHAHAA!
2. Jennifer Lawrence is AMAZING! So freaking happy she got the role. She is Katniss no doubt about it!
3. I though Cinna was cool. Peeta was hot. Effie was amazing. And Haymitch should have been more drunk ;)
4. The showed the districts ACTUALLY rebelling. Now THAT'S a big part in the next movies ... (:
5. When the cannon blew and Katniss started yelling Peeta's name. She then ran into him and yelled "God Dammit Peeta! You scared me!" and then hugged him! I thought that was cuteee <33
6. When the dogs/mutt things came to attack them. You knew they were coming ... but at the same time ... you didn't. That's the part that made me jump and I LOVED IT!
So it's really half and half, honestly. It's easier to point out the things that weren't right. Overall, you should go see the movie! :D It's amazing, and so much action, too! A good date movie, really. Some romance but with action ;)
Oh, and another thing. The soundtrack? 3/12 (how many songs there are on the soundtrack ... whatever.) only 3 songs played ... really. That made me MAD! I was looking forward to MORE songs! Isn't that why they have a soundtrack?!
Here are some pictures w/ Katniss, Peeta and Gale! They were giving away life-size Katniss, Gale and Peeta! Unfortunately, I didn't win them :( Though they were giving these things away to ages 9-18 .... get it?! HUNGER GAMES! Hahaa :)
|With Katniss and Gale ;)|
|AHHH!! TEAM PEETA! <333|
|With the Hunger Games Poster outside of the theater!|
This is a new segment that I'm starting here at Bookieholics, and I'm really excited. Though every week I may not have a "In My Mailbox" post due to that I rarely have anything new. (: But let's get started now ....
I will name the books from top to bottom:
1. Diabolical by Cynthia Leitch Smith
2. Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
3. Eve by Anna Carey
4. Passion by Lauren Kate
5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
6. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I'm really excited to read all of these books, so check in to read on in for the reviews!
And last, I won a signed book mark by Nelly Cab from I Love Books facebook page!
That is all for today guys!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
With only 44 days until the official release of City of Lost Souls, I've become more excited each day! So in honor of that, I've come up with a Master post. This master post includes these things: